Location: Central London
Hours: Full time
Salary: GBP 25,500 p.a.
The International Integrated Reporting Council (‘IIRC’) is a business and investor-led global coalition that campaigns for long-term decision-making aimed at promoting financial stability and sustainable development. It does this through advancing integrated reporting, which provides transparency about how the world’s multiple resources are managed and how trusted information can be used to direct investment to productive and sustainable outcomes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic new team member with one to two years’ experience in a communications role, looking to learn new skills in a small, international and dynamic workplace.
Working with the IIRC offers the right candidate an opportunity to work with a wide range of leading global businesses, investors and other key players in the reporting field. The size and nature of the team allows individuals to challenge themselves freely with a range of new opportunities and places an emphasis on flexibility and lateral thinking.
Communications is at the heart of everything the IIRC does. Based at the IIRC office in the City of London, the Communications Associate will have responsibility for:
- Issuing news releases and targeting communications on an international basis as well as in individual countries around the world to secure coverage of integrated reporting in the media
- Producing a daily media grid
- Developing relationships with journalists around the world
- Keeping the IIRC website up to date
- Running the IIRC social media feeds
- Developing content for IIRC newsletters, blogs and marketing publications
- Developing slide decks and collateral for use by IIRC staff and ambassadors
- Producing infographics and videos for the IIRC’s communications channels
- Highlighting advocates of integrated reporting and promoting them through communications channels
- Working with partners and supporting organizations in order to communicate through their networks and channels
- Monitoring coverage of integrated reporting around the globe and leveraging these to the IIRC’s advantage
- Monitoring and targeting key events internationally relevant to the IIRC’s work.
The candidate will be a dynamic and motivated individual with an interest in business and public affairs. The successful candidate will also have:
- A high level of communications skills, written and oral, and the proven ability to deliver communications programmes
- Experience of drafting clear, persuasive and targeted messaging
- Competence in using a range of digital platforms, including website editing and social media
- An understanding of the business or investment world, and an interest in international affairs is desirable
- A quick learner, with the ability to build a thorough understanding of the corporate reporting landscape and confidently articulate this
- Strong copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive and assertive, able to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and juggling a range of priorities
- Proficiency with CRM software, WordPress, Photoshop, Microsoft, and social media platforms
- Excellent judgement and creativity including influencing, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable interest in the IIRC’s mission and objectives
- Competency in a second language is desirable
- Standard working hours are 9-5.30pm. However, the nature of working in a communications role for an international organization means that on occasion it will be necessary to be responsive to the news cycle across different time zones. Given the periodic nature of these instances, they are incorporated in your normal working hours but are kept under review with your line manager
- Right to work in the UK.
Interested applicants should send a CV with a cover letter, outlining relevant experience and suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the reference ‘Communications Associate’ by 11 May 2018.
Interview dates will be arranged on application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.