On 28 February and 1 March 2018 the International Integrated Reporting Council is partnering with ICGN to deliver our international conference for 2018, this year in Japan. It will be our first global conference in Asia.
The IIRC and ICGN first partnered in 2016 for a conference that focused on ‘dialogue for longer-term value creation’. It provided an opportunity to create better awareness and understanding around longer-term factors that influence business and investment decision making.
This conference will take these conversations a step further. Hosted by the Japanese Institute of CPAs and the Tokyo Stock Exchange, our global conference will discuss:
- Enhancing Long term corporate value in a Japanese context
- Leveraging connections between reporting and governance to support long-term value creation
- Corporate governance: improved board leadership and effectiveness
- Direction of investor stewardship and engagement desired by the Japanese corporates under the ESG integration
- Corporate governance and Integrated Reporting: views, insights and implications from survey findings
- Overcoming obstacles to effective stewardship
- Coherent corporate reporting: achieving the right balance between regulatory discipline and market judgement
- Optimizing capital allocation within the investment chain
- Board evaluation and director nomination
- Meaningful and credible disclosure: Tackling the issue of boiler plate disclosure.